Learn how Purdue can become your Data Science Partner on November 11-12
Leverage Purdue University research experts and student talent in support of your data and information science strategy for your business or non-profit.
- Develop research partnerships with Purdue’s deep bench of talent in data and information sciences, engineering, agriculture, security, life sciences, and management applications.
- Interact in a trusted neutral space for strategic thinking with leading experts.
- Engage with and recruit data and information science talent, and learn about Purdue’s unique approach to “Data Science for All”
- Retool and upskill your current workforce.
- Engage with other industries facing similar issues.
At the summit you will hear from Purdue faculty, staff, students and a panel of business and industry professionals.
Purdue’s Integrative Data Science Initiative (IDSI) makes data science education part of every student’s learning experience on campus while boosting research and partnerships to help grow the data-driven economy.
The Center for Science of Information (CSOI) advances science and technology through a new understanding of the representation, the communication, and the processing of information.
November 11, 2019, Monday
|4-6 p.m.||Reception: Poster session and mixer with students and faculty|
|6 p.m.||Dinner with presentation on Basketball Analytics TBD|
November 12, 2019, Tuesday
|8:30 a.m.||Introductory remarks – Sunil Prabhakar, Director, Integrative Data Science Initiative and Professor of Computer Science|
|8:45 a.m.||Welcome Address – Purdue University President Mitch Daniels|
|9 a.m.||Capturing the full potential of data science – a corporate perspective
Capturing the full potential of data science – a public sector perspective
|10:30 a.m.||Industry Panel|
|11:45 a.m.||Lunch with presentation on Purdue initiatives and capabilities in Data Sciences|
|1:30 p.m.||Participation in Working Groups
|2:30 p.m.||Report from the working groups and next steps|