About this Event
Welcome to Day 1 of the Indiana Festival of Autonomy! Day 1 is limited in headcount and is focused on rolling up the sleeves and getting into the business of converging technologies in the IoT and autonomy fields.
Day 2 is open to the public for technology demonstrations, tours of the IoT Lab, STEM activties, and the debut of the IoT Lab’s autonomous petting zoo.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16 (Day 1)
12 PM-4 PM –
Workshops for AUVSI members and guests, working groups @Indiana IoT Lab including:
- UAS / AUVSI Top Operator Program drone workshop and TOPS Level 2 Flight Assessments by Consortiq (see description below).
- Working with the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center for commercial R&D / Training.
- An introduction with the Defense Entreprenuers Forum.
- Opportunities with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
- Are you investable? How to address the challenges of building a predictable and investable demand creation process. Audience = businesses looking to grow. Presented by Joe Albano.
- Startup 101 – Your idea is not your product is not your business. This is the most vital 45 minutes of any first-time entreprenuer’s journey. Presented by Joe Albano.
- AUVSI Marketing / Creative Strategy.
- AUVSI Chapter Leaders Forum.
- An introduction to Purdue at Westgate + Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- IP Threats and Protecting your Business – A workshop with the FBI
- Agile Engineering for Life – Adam Morrision of Streamline Designs
- And more to come!
Critical Decisions Presented by Consortiq
“6 Key Policy Topics That Every UAS Program Should Examine”
Consortiq’s Chief Flight Instructor, John Fernandez, will lead students through a 3-hour workshop covering the critical elements that any UAS integration should examine prior to launching a program. Each student receives a Quick Reference Handbook and a UAS Operations Manual template.
Workshop Cost: $197.00
TOP Level 2 here Certification:
For students who enroll in Consortiq’s TOP Level 2 Certification Course, Consortiq’s TOP certified instructor will complete their flight assessment portion on-site at the conference. This $2440 value is discounted for conference attendees to $2000. Space is limited to the first four students who enroll.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com to sign up for the drone workshop / assessment.
4:00 – 5:00 PM –
Open Networking @Indiana IoT Lab
Intro: Pierce Aerospace, IoT Lab, AUVSI
Building an Autonomous Ecosystem
Theme: Technology Convergence in the Crossroads of America
Government official (TBA)
Theme: Societal Magnitude of Autonomy
Indiana Technology & Innovaiton Assocation (ITIA) Legislative Group
Theme: Autonomy, Technology, and Legislation
Panels and themes:
Panel 1: Emerging Technology & Mobility Leaders:
Verizon Infrastructure, IUPUI, Cummins, LHP Engineering, Braunability
Panel 2: Application and Use Case Development:
Becks Hybrids Agriculture, Rabit Tractor, Allied Automation Robotics, Dannar Electric and Utilities, and CRANE-Naval Surface Warfare Center.
7:30- 9:00 PM-
Open Networking / Reception / Music by Matthew Corken
SATURDAY, AUGUST 17 (Day 2)
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Unmanned & Autonomous Exhibits, Demos & Activities
Please use this link to sign up for Day 2:
Check back for updates and additional information as the IFA dates approach. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fishers, IN. Friday, August 16th at a rate of $139. Enter Code: “TBD” when booking. 10495 Crosspoint Blvd., Indianapolis 317.570.2111