AG+BIO+SCIENCE START-UP SHOWCASE APPLICATION
APRIL 23, 2019 | APPLY BY MARCH 14
Application Deadline: March 14, 2019
Event Date: April 23, 2019
Location: Indianapolis area – Announcement coming soon
Program: 3:00-5:00 PM
Networking Reception: 5:00-6:30 PM
Entrepreneurs leading innovative agbioscience start-ups will present their technology, products, and services. Join us for the third annual Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase presented by AgriNovus Indiana and FoundryX. Our audience will vote on a People’s Choice cash prize for the top two presenting start-ups.
– Now until March 14, 2019: Interested companies will have the opportunity to apply for a chance to pitch and compete for a cash prize. One representative from the start-up will present at the event.
– March 14 at 11:59 PM EST: The deadline to submit applications for the 2019 Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase.
– March 14 – March 22: AgriNovus Indiana and FoundryX will select up to 7 companies that can provide a clear and intriguing story about their business concept to pitch for the Showcase. The start-ups must demonstrate a clear business model, have initial market traction and represent one of the four key agbioscience sectors: Plant Science, Animal Health and Nutrition, Human Food and Nutrition, and High-Tech Ag.
– March 22, 2019: Chosen participants will be notified via e-mail.
– April 23: 2019 Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase.
– Start-ups must be based in Indiana
– Have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the agbiosciences
– Prove that their technology or innovation is strong and applicable
– Have a clear business model and customer segment
– Have initial market traction, or you have developed your Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
– One representative from the company will pitch at the Showcase
– Start-ups that have previously participated in the Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase are required to a one-cycle cooling period before applying again. Start-ups that have won a 1st place cash prize in the Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase are not eligible to participate again.
– At the Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase on April 23, 2019, each presenting start-up will have 7 minutes to pitch and 2 minutes for questions from the audience.
– Start-ups must provide a pitch deck in widescreen (16:9) format a week prior to the event. After the start-ups have pitched, the audience will have the opportunity to vote for their 1st and 2nd place People’s Choice recipients.
– Start-ups will have the opportunity to have a table display during the Networking Reception following the Ag+Bio+Science Start-up Showcase for continued audience interaction.
Questions? Contact Libby Fritz, email@example.com.